Date: Sunday, November 3, 2013
Start Time: 9:00 AM
Start and Finish Location: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, 550 Taylor Avenue, Annapolis, Md.
Distance: 5 kilometers, with a 1 mile Fun Run for kids
The Ripley Race features one of the best 5K routes in the Mid-Atlantic region. The route offers the best sights that Annapolis has to offer, including the governor's mansion, historic Main Street, Gate One of the Naval Academy, as well as views of the City Dock, Navy Academy Chapel and Maryland State House.
The start and finish line take place at one of our nation's most historic landmarks, the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium -- the ideal setting for honoring the sacrifices of our nation's heroes.
FUNDRAISE FOR THE RIPLEY RACE - Win an iPad!
$2,000 for an iPad 2, black 32GB with Wi-Fi
During your Active.com registration every participant will automatically receive a personal fundraising page that you can email and share to friends and family. Go to:http://www.active.com/donate/RipleyRace2013, search your name, and you should find it. Send this to your friends and family, share it through social media, fundraise $2,000 and you'll receive an iPad 2, Black 32GB with WiFi! The limit is one per person and one per fundraising page.
5K General - $40
5K Military / MIDN / Youth - $30
1 Mile Fun Run (all ages) - $15
6-Week Youth Running Clinic
Sign the kids up for our 6-week youth running clinic leading up to the race and inspire them to "Learn to Run, Learn to Support, Learn to Honor". The clinic is about a whole lot more than getting ready for the race. Find out more at www.ripleyraceclinic.com
Win $1,000 – Ripley Race Team Competition
Pick a team leader, set up a “Team” during the online registration process and organize your team. The team with the lowest average run time wins $1,000, 2nd place wins $500, and 3rd place wins $250. Teams must have at least 20 entrants include 3 female participants.
The team with the lowest average run time wins $1,000, 2nd place wins $500, and 3rd place wins $250.
ANNAPOLIS KIDS SAY "THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE"
We want all the youth in Annapolis to join Ripley Race in honoring our veterans. Find out how it works by clicking the flyer to the right.
- Packet pick up is at Charm City Run at Annapolis Towne Center and is on November 2nd from 10-4pm (packet pick up is available the morning of the race as a back-up and for Midshipmen)
- Use parking Gate 5 off of Taylor Ave. the morning of the event and please plan ahead and come early. Parking fee is included in your race registration.
- Online Registration closes on October 20. In-person registration will be available at packet pick-up and on race day, however, race shirts will be limited and only available as supplies last.
- The event Start/Finish will be in the South End Zone "NavyFest" area just like last year
- Beers and Live Music on us! We're having another post party this year... on the day of the race wear your race premium shirt to Fado Irish Pub just blocks from the stadium finish line at Park Place and enjoy two beers on us! The festivities start after the race ends and include live music by We're Not Handsome. We'll see you at the Fado Post Party
- The Race Directors reserve the right to cancel or modify the run in consideration of adverse weather conditions or other health or safety factors. There are NO REFUNDS.
- Spread the word to your friends and tell them to come out and support a great cause!